Itching and irritation on children’s skin may develop when the natural skin barrier is damaged, so that the skin easily feels dry and irritated. When itchy skin have occurred, it is important to consider what kind of products you use.
Avoid provoking irritation
It also does not help with numerous of daily shifts of clothes, as taking on and off clothes will easily provoke itching and irritation so that the child will itch even more. With good treatment of dry areas, itching and irritation of the child’s skin eventually decreases.
If the child has already developed a skin irritation, the child will often scratch and scratch the sensitive skin. Therefore, to avoid itchy skin and irritation, it will perhaps help with some tips to make your daily routine easier, without affecting the life of the family.
Ten tips to avoid itchy skin and irritation on the skin of young children
- Find the cause of skin irritation on young children.
- Long time in the bath can spoil the natural oils that are already found naturally in children’s skin.
- After the bath it is great if you take the time to pat the skin instead of rubbing with the towel.
- Dress your child in organic fabrics such as cotton and wool, so that your child’s skin breathes better.
- Choose bedding made from organic fabrics, as your child’s skin is in contact with fabric for long periods at night-time.
- Use skin products that are labelled with the Nordic Swan Ecolabel.
- Use environmentally friendly detergents when washing clothes and fabrics that the baby uses every day.
- Use a good moisturizer and bath your child in a scratch-absorbing oil bath before bedtime so that the itch decreases at night-time.
- Add a wet cover over the irritated skin area.
- Trim the nails of young children to prevent young children from scratching their skin.
These are great tips to bring into your lifestyle to get happy children and a good family life. Itching and irritation on the skin of young children is likely to diminish when using the best practices in your home. Therefore, to prevent skin irritation on young children, it is important to choose good and ecological skin products.
The products from Mori of Norway are AllergyCertified, Ecolabelled and COSMOS ORGANIC certified by Ecocert Greenlife and are therefore tested, safe and secure for young children’s sensitive skin. The products are sold on Amazon.